Thursday, March 19, 2009

my last day off was Feb 9th







Hello everyone,
Today i was able to experience my first day off since Feb 9th (w/ restrictions). We were restricted to post and have no means of transportation other than a taxi.....so I woke up for breakfast, went back to bed, went to the gym for a long workout n sauna, and parked my butt in the computer lab. Pretty much what I do on a average day minus working at the motor pool. I have been able to get kinda good at running. I was able to do 1.5 hours of cardio on the treadmill and the eliptical machines. I was surprised to make 5 miles on the treadmill in 45 minutes. I plan on using all the gym time I can get, becuase I do not think we will this nice of a facility in Iraq. Being in shape also helps ur body deal with the heat and I assuming a heavier work load.
The above pictures are some pictures of our packing process. On Sunday and Monday I was one a few lucky people to help with packing one duffle bag for most of our battalion. It was two long days and we were complimented on how well the process went. The other pics are some containers that are packed and getting moved out. Quite a lengthy process to get everything coordinated for movement. I am glad I am just a worker bee in the whole process.
Yesterday, I was able to be one of two people to stencil equipment info on vehicles and trailers....turned out to be another later working day. They wanted it done while there was no rain. It turns out they made a good decision because it was raining when i woke up today (big surprise). It was kinda of interesting, because the stencil kit we were given was incomplete. We were creative on getting it all done.....had to make a "Z" into a "7" and "L" into a "1"...quite a process, but we finished at about 7 pm.
I will try to take more pics, but there is not much variance day to day.....still feels like I am living a the movie "Ground Hog Day". Not much else going on. I was able to have a video conference with my wife n kids tonight....the kids are still goofy, but none the less it was good to see their faces.
Thats all for today,
Sam


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like we could've used you on one of our many "tagging" sprees back in the FBM (you know, the gang) days.

    ReplyDelete