Friday, June 12, 2009

Bashra Life

Hello Everyone,

Sorry it has been awhile since my last post....I am still waiting for internet to my room. Things are going well here. We have seemed to get into some type of routine for our days. I am evening getting back into to the gym. The heat here is intense and many people say it will only get worse. I think it was about 115 degrees yesterday.....and during that time I was working outdoors in the shop and suntanning on my lunch break. I think being in shape helps a person alot with handling the heat. I am actually used to having sweat dripping off my body most parts of the day...although we have had some soldiers with some heat injuries, none have been severe. Just need to push lots of fluids all day. We still have 3 people to our 2 person CHU (containerized housing unit). I am excited to get some internet in my room to post some pics off of my camera.

I am doing well and do not need too much. We have pretty much everything here and the cannot have any liquor or alcohol. Grandma Jo - thank you for the mop. I will be sure to post some pics of our CHU when I get internet up.....I even took some today while I was tanning/working on my weapon.

Later,

Sam

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I have also been working on my weapon today. It is hard to even imagine the heat over there. it is still chilly in NYC. You are going to be browner than me!! Randall and I are watching the Colbert Report-Iraq Special. My family sends their best wishes to you, please let me know what you would like from here.
    xoxo angelina

    ReplyDelete