Wednesday, May 20, 2009

100th day??

Hello All,

I am checking in from Talil, Iraq aka Camp Adder. I think according to Jess I am approaching the 100th day mark for my deployment. We have spent most of the time up until now working to be ready for our "special purpose". We are still unpacking boxes and cleaning/rearranging our shop to our liking.

Living conditions in Camp Bashra are improving. It had been under British control up until now. I am not sure what they soldiers on this base were used to, but there is not much as far as extra activities to keep urself busy. It is by far the most basic base I have been to on this journey. They are in process of expanding the PX here. Right now they have problems keeping many items in stock for soldiers to buy. At Bashra, I couldn't buy a broom for my room or even an air freshener. You can imagine how we get to start smelling after a long days work outside. But they have told us that they will be building one of the biggest PX's in Iraq by the end of July/August.

I should have an internet connection to my room within a week....I should have much more time to keep updated on the internet. I also have a TV coming from Jess (thank you to Best Buy for paying for shipping)....things should be on the up n up with in a week or two.

I miss everyone and cant wait to enjoy a summer at home....I will miss spending Memorial Day with family up at the lake.

Thats all for now,

Sam

1 comment:

  1. Sam Hi!
    This won't be long. I've already lost one letter. Said I was not on the internet, but I was. I sent you a mop today thru the US Postal Service. Hope you get it!
    We will miss you terribly this weekend at O T. Love & Hugs, Gramjo

    ReplyDelete